Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Wiggling to China in the night

I was very proud of Noah and myself yesterday afternoon. He napped long enough for me to straighten the house, do some laundry and prep dinner. And shortly after my father-in-law and his wife arrived he went down for an hour long nap that enabled me to prepare our meal. I was panicked when he woke up just as I was about to put our dinner on the table because I knew he too would be famished. But I made him some cereal and fed him while everyone begun eating. I typically need to nurse him right after the cereal, but he was so patient that I was able to eat dinner before I took him upstairs for the rest of his feeding. The food turned out well and Noah was a little gentleman. I was really happy that it all ended up turning out smoothly. I almost felt like a grown-up. Like little Susie Homemaker. But the best moment of the day was singing to entertain Noah while trying to peel potatoes. Thank God there is no hidden camera.

Of course this morning I am a wreck. We had a third night in a row of Noah's tossing and turning. From 2 am until 7am he tossed his head back and forth and kept waking himself up. Not to mention me. This has been going on every night since he has had cereal. But I'm not sure if that is what is causing it since his naps have been fine after his morning cereal feeding. If it goes on one more night I will have to call the doctor.

Another theory on the possible cause is diaper irritation. I don't change Noah through the night because it wakes him up. But its possible his wetness is what is causing him to toss and turn. Tonight I will have to change him at his 2am feeding and see what happens. Hopefully he returns to sleep and the case is solved.

I can barely keep my eyes open in the meantime. That boy needs to save his Axl Rose dance moves for the daylight hours.

1 comment:

hazel said...

I wonder what it is? keep us posted...interesting....