Saturday, March 26, 2005

A Bardnt Shopping Extravaganza!

Noah had a big consumer adventure yesterday at the Willow Grove Mall. And he was an ANGEL. My God - I could not believe how well behaved he was. He bopped about in the Bjorn quietly staring at everything in his path until he nodded off. Then he awoke refreshed and continued to enjoy the sights and sounds of cha-ching. And the boy came home with a stunning outfit suitable for a golfing expedition, rad shades, hunter green loafer boots, and a bucket hat for our summer beach trip. Not to mention stories of shopping with three generations of Barndt women. How did he survive? Many thanks to his Meemaw and GG for a lovely afternoon.

I never did check out the family restroom. Instead I changed and nursed him in the luxurious accommodations of a Macy's fitting room. I can't believe it didn't occur to me before that there are tons of private places to nurse a baby at the mall.

Because he was so adorable and calm during our long shopping expedition, I can't complain too much about the calamitous drive home. He was very distraught to be locked in the damn seat for another hour - but once we returned home to Dad he was all smiles.

As if yesterdays shopping wasn't enough, Mark, Noah and I headed to Walmart this morning. We left the house at 8 am. Yup. You heard me - 8 AM!!! Since we were up at 5:45 am, we thought it'd be great to get in there early and avoid the zany atmosphere of our local ghetto Walmart. It was our most pleasurable Delaware Avenue Walmart shopping experience. But I still can't believe that on a Saturday we left the house before 8 am and returned at 9 am. Who am I again? It's amazing. Luckily we made up for it by taking a family nap from 10 am to noon. Oh how I've come to appreciate a good nap. Especially when I can share it with the men I love.

Noah will be thrilled tomorrow to celebrate an Eggerts family Easter. We look forward to seeing more family but unfortunately the day involves between three and four hours of driving. Yippee! I have started saving up to buy a helicopter. Let me know if you see a good price on a used one.

No comments: