Thursday, March 17, 2005

I can't move, dammit!

Now that Noah can roll from his back to his stomach, he wants to do nothing but that. And once on his stomach he kicks his legs and flails his arms. He's puts all his energy and concentration into trying to move forward. Of course he isn't going anywhere and that is very frustrating. I know I'd be pissed off. So he grunts and flails for awhile and then he whines and cries. I then flip him back on his back and he literally yells at me. As if to say "MOM! I'm not going to get anywhere on my back!!" And then he flips back on to his stomach again to start it from the top. This is very frustrating for me too because I want to make him smile, to play with his little limbs, to watch him bat blissfully at the play gym- but all he wants to do is flail and bitch. Oh and eat. He still LOVES the eating. Sweet potatoes were a big hit.

I told my mom about Noah's determination and frustration. She said she clearly remembered me being frustrated and bored as an infant because I couldn't do anything. Funny, now I look forward to a chance to do nothing.

2 comments:

hazel said...

it's great that noah is eating so much. I've abandoned trying to feed bella solids. she's clearly not ready for them. plus our kitchen is all torn up, so it works out well.

dasereht said...

What a coincidence -- I LOVE the eating, too. I also love flailing and bitching. Are you sure Noah and I aren't related?