Monday, March 21, 2005

Rock-n-Shop

It was another late night grocery shopping trip on Friday night for me. I think they should blare the music and turn on strobes to make it Rock-n-Shop after 8pm. And if I could wear roller skates, all the better.

Saturday we trekked to Ldale for Noah's date with Ms. Bella. She is getting SO big and increasingly more enchanting. Her and Noah went head to head. Photos to be added later. And of course because Patrice was intent on seeing Noah roll over, he never did it. Though I can't get the kid to stop at home. Figures. It would be so much cooler if babies operated like trained seals. Then to the LDale Ross where we bought Noah a very cute "nerd outfit" as Mark termed it. It consists of khakis, a lime green sleeveless knit vest with navy trim, and a grid checked short sleeve button up shirt. It merely lacks a pocket protector. Accountants - not so cute. Infants dressed up as accountants - cute to the point of insanity. After Noah went to bed we opened a bottle of wine and started watching Ladykillers. I was so tired that I couldn't finish one glass or watch even a smidgen of the movie. Mark had to wake me up to go to bed.

On Sunday my mother came and gave Mark and I a respite at Silk City. And while we were out Noah was introduced to the wacky world of pears. And after bedtime for Noah, it was all about the HBO lineup.

And of course there were tons of smiling, cooing and kisses. My mom once said to me that she was at her happiest when she saw me happy. And I once heard said that the best compliment you could ever get was that you raised a great kid. Raising children isn't all sunshine and roses, it requires a lot of sacrifice. But for my life I have decided it will bring with it the greatest and most long lasting rewards. So bring on the hip Friday nights at Super Fresh pricing diapers - they are the stuff that my dreams are made of.

No comments: