Friday, March 18, 2005

It's Oh So Quiet

During the day the house can be so quiet. I decided after being home a few weeks that I was no longer going to watch any TV during the day. There isn't anything worthwhile on and I was wasting my time and my attention on it. But growing up we always had the TV on. And when I moved out on my own I would sleep with it on. I have often used TV for noise, for company. So it really has been an adjustment to just listen to some music or even operate with no noise but me, Noah and the Philadelphia street out our door. And part of me has grown to enjoy the silence in a way I never was before. Especially during nap time. And luckily Noah is in bed just in time for primetime - so my TV junkie ass doesn't miss Survivor, Amazing Race, or Deadwood. Ah, the best of both worlds.

Apparently in addition to fulfilling the infant sucking instinct, pacifiers are hella fun too. Noah's new trick is plucking the pacifier out of his mouth, passing it from hand to hand, staring at it, and trying, unsuccessfully thus far, to put it back in his mouth. You would not believe the amount of time he can spend just gazing at that thing. Like it was the Taj Majal.

Thank God for his easy smiles. They get me through.

1 comment:

hazel said...

ha! bella totally pulls out the bink. and she's even put it back in, too. or she gets the opposite side in and sucks on that instead. thank god for them, though. I always wished trent would have used one. I think babies with binkies are adorable. other babies are ugly.



just kidding.