Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Race Begins

I don't know why I'm such a motor-mouth today! I felt I had to say something about Amazing Race. I LOVE Amazing Race. Let me preface this by saying that I watch an insane amount of reality television programming. In truth I don't even like 80% of it. It's just the lesser of evils when I am looking for something to watch in the evening. But Amazing Race is a fantastic show. Contestants travel the globe with someone with whom they already have a relationship of love and baggage. It's fast paced and people don't eliminate others - they win on their merits or luck alone. Fantastic.

I'm SO glad the new season started so soon after the last ended. I was very unhappy that Freddy and Kendra won. The "pretty" couple was really annoying. And the comments Kendra made about Africa were apalling. What an ignorant moron. I wanted Kris & Jon to win. On the new season I already like the Lynn & Alex - the gay couple. But my early call for winner is the Zach Braff brothers. They seem like arses but I think they will be tough competitors. Mark picked the POW and beauty queen - who already annoy me. How many times does the POW have to point out that he was in Iraq and how many times does Rob have to mention Survivor? How nauseating. Anyway - I can't wait for the next episode.

No comments: