Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I'll just put these scissors right HERE

Time to batten down the hatches. Noah is on the move!

Noah had rolled over a handful of times in the past, but they seemed like flukes and he always seemed really surprised when it happened. Yesterday afternoon when I was enjoying floor time with the monkey he became very focused on rolling. For a half hour he repeatedly curled up his legs, pulled in his arms and threw his weight to the side. And when he succeeded in landing on his stomach he then very purposefully hoisted himself up on his arms and tried to throw his weight to the side so he could roll back over. It was as if he had employed himself a Russian Olympic coach who was pushing him for the Gold. And he did the same thing last night before bedtime. Mark and I were just dumbfounded by his determination.

This morning I laid him on the office floor to tackle one of his play gyms and then I turned to the computer to check my email. I soon heard Noah grunting. I turned to see him on his stomach a couple of inches away from where I left him and turned in a different direction. And laying on the floor a foot from him was a pair of scissors. I can never find a scissors when I want one, and apparently it's because we leave them laying all over the floor. Now storing sharp and dangerous things in the middle of the floor is a thing of the past. We might even have to put things away in drawers!

1 comment:

Marksthespot said...

But then how will our boy learn how to use scissors?