Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Adhesive Pants

So I went to Old Navy to buy SOMETHING to wear out tonight. And my quest for something that would look decent on me felt like dress shopping for a hunchbacked cyclops. I tried on a billion things. In XL, XXL and even in maternity. I had a nervous breakdown in the dressing room. But I made it out of there an hour and a half later with a pair of jeans that fit a bit better than the fat lady jeans I have, a black sweater that still looks ridiculous on my huge rack, and a pair of tailored black pants of which I really liked the fit.

I put those damn pants on this morning to try to figure out what I was going to wear with them and discovered how much they suck. For some godforsaken reason they are made out of fabric akin to fly tape. Strings, lint and hair covered every inch of the damn things. WHY would anyone make pants out of a fabric that attracts every dustball in a five mile radius? Damn it. Now I have to take them back.

Oh and my hair is falling out! I think this is a postnatal thing, but I have to look it up.

No comments: