Wednesday, March 16, 2005

What if he tells me to shut up?

Noah was awake from 3am to 4:30am last night. Yawn. It's going to be a long day.

Have you heard about this baby sign language thing? Apparently babies are intellectually capable of expressing themselves prior to fully developing their verbal capabilities. So you can teach your child some basic signs so that they communicate to you their wants and needs earlier. They can learn signs for milk, more, hurt, bed, etc. They say as a result the children are a lot happier - less frustrated that they can't communicate. I am loving this idea so much that I already bought an instructional book and video. Of course kids can't really learn hand signals prior to nine months so I've got awhile to wait. But I really hope that I follow through with it.

We also joined the Children's Book of the Month Club. It's like Columbia House but with kids books. Of course at this point it's just for me. I ordered a bunch of award winning picture books to read to Noah - for more variety in my reading selections. I could have ordered him some easy board books to chew on and learn the alphabet - but instead I really wanted "Where the Wild Things Are." We'll get his books later.

I think today we may try sweet potatoes! Unfortunately not sweet potato fries from Silk City - but instead orangey mush. I'll let you know how that goes - because I know you are just dying to know.

Did I mention that I have a baby? A son. His name's Noah. He's four and half months old. Hadn't I mentioned it before? Oops. Must have forgotten all about it.

No comments: