Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Dear Ndugu

My Oma called last week to ask that I gather some pictures to send to her brother Wolfgang in Germany. I met my Great Uncle Wolfgang once about eight years ago and I think our encounter was about an hour long. Oma said when she was speaking to Wolfgang recently about Noah that he expressed interest in photos of my family. She also requested I write him a brief letter to let him know what I have been up to since our meeting. So... how do you encapsulate the last eight years of your life?

So here is a brief summation of my brief summation. Bought a house in beginning of 2001. Got married Fall of 2002. Had baby Fall of 2004. Very excited to be parents of happy, healthy boy. Was working in medical publishing. Now staying home. Husband works in advertising and PR for local university. Enjoy living in the city.

That's my life in a nutshell. I'm a homeowner, wife and mother. It makes me sound so grown-up. I rarely feel old because I typically feel like I'm still some dumb kid without any direction. But it turns out I have fashioned a real life for myself. And it's a really happy one - filled with the love of family, friends, my husband and my baby. I feel so proud.

Of course the photos I am sending of myself are pre-pregnancy. That is definitely something I need to continue working on. But everything else is pretty damn good.

1 comment:

hazel said...

dude, if I were sending a picture to someone I probably won't see again ever, or at least for a long time, I'd totally photoshop my face on brittany murphy's body, let alone pre-pregnancy shots.

props to growing up!