Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Wiggler strikes back

So the wiggling saga continues. From 1:30 am until 6:30 am Noah slept very fitfully. Our squirmin' wormin would wriggle about with abandon half asleep, knock his pacifier out of his mouth and start to cry. I'd pop it back in and pat/rub his back until we both drifted back to dream land. And then the cycle would repeat.

A call was made to Doc McSorley first thing this morning. She concurs with us that his reflux is probably the cause and most likely if we up just his night dosage he will be in good shape. However because this problem arose at the same time as the introduction of rice cereal we have to take that out of the equation to make sure it is not the cause. So my hungry little man will have to go solid free for two days to see if his night antics continue. Poor little guy. However the real question is how I will make it through two more restless nights. Naps and an early bedtime, I guess.

And of course changing his diaper at 1:30 am did nothing but make it extremely difficult to get him back to sleep. As soon as I laid him down for a diaper change his eyes were wide open and he had a huge grin on his face. It took all my power not to smile back at him, tickle him and tell him how sweet he was.

Last night was a bust in another way. I did not get to see my beloved Amazing Race. The hurricane-like winds knocked our cable out! So I read for awhile and went to bed early. I'll have to read the televisionwithoutpity.com summary to catch up. Last night stunk.

2 comments:

hazel said...

oh, that SUCKS! and to add insult to injury, no amazing race. if it makes you feel any better, it wasn't really that great.

Marksthespot said...

"Doc McSorley." Sounds like someone who should make housecalls. In the Old West.

"Ol' Doc McSorley. Crazy ol' Doc McSorley..."