Monday, January 16, 2006

There she was

Once again blogging from the remote location of Quakertown, PA. This weekend we house and dog sat for my mom who returns today from her trips to Vegas and the equally fascinating Dayton, OH. Mark took the train back to Philly last night so that he could get some things done on his vacation day today – some things for the family (bills, filing) and some for his sanity (setting up the music studio in the basement). For the second night in a row, Noah slept a full eight hours without waking to nurse. Of course this was certainly helped by the fact that on Friday night he was unable to sleep (teeth, insomnia, just for fun and games) until 1:30 am – and only got six hours of sleep. We’ve both been playing catch-up since then. And of course I’m in the midst of reading that “No Cry Sleep Solution” which emphasizes routine bed times, wake times and locations – and we’ve had little of that since early December. But all that is about to change. I think. This week we’re planning on moving Noah’s crib from our bedroom to his own bedroom. GAH! I’m sure it is time for it, but I am DREADING it. He will be SO FAR from us at night. And he’s growing up – and that just sucks. He’s one step closer to not needing me at all.

As I’m sure you’ve realized I’m pretty co-dependent by nature. I really need to be needed and I’m not big on alone time. I’d rather be with Noah and Mark than without them. The only times I prefer to be left alone are to go to the bathroom, to shower, to read, to write and sometimes to drive. Mark says he feels bad sometimes for needing alone time when I don’t want the same in return, but honestly any time I anticipate having to myself I think of all the things I SHOULD do with it – cleaning, laundry, organizing – and I’m much happier playing blocks or reading “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.”

Oh – my Grandfather seems to be doing much better. As my Oma says “He’s back to his nasty self.” We went to visit him on Saturday and the nurse said they were hoping to transfer him to rehab as early as today. And while at St. Lukes’ we met Ms. Mary of the blogosphere. It was a brief encounter – one that would have been aided by beer, and a lighter atmosphere- but it was certainly nice to meet her in the flesh. And she was super sweet and seemed like excellent nursing material. I hope our paths cross again sometime, under better circumcumstances of course.

The beast awakes. Gotta go.

2 comments:

Missuz J said...

Re alone time--I desparately need it, and rarely get it, a circumstance that is very bad for my sanity and marriage.

Re sleep--hooray for 2 great nights. Hopefully you'll find that having his crib in his room is a good thing. If not--well--guess you could just move it back!

hazel said...

yep, there's always moving it back, for sure.

and yes, after you move the crib, he will no longer need you for anything at all. why, you may as well start charging him rent.