Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Babies R Yous

I was up to my eyeballs in babies this morning. Well, I had two fourteen month olds – so it probably isn’t THAT impressive of a feat. I babysat Francesca for four hours while her mom went to a meeting. I’m happy to say that the morning went really well, thanks in no small part to how low-key a baby Francesca is. She makes Noah look like a total spaz. But the two of them are learning to play very well with each other, or at least parallel with each other, as toddlers do. Noah has been spending a lot of time with babies lately. We had Ms. Bella and family over on Sunday afternoon at my mom’s place, and the past two Fridays we have had playdates with Francesca and Tripp. I think Noah is definitely benefiting from the peer time – and so am I.

I have to mention that when we saw Patrice, Sean and Bella on Sunday – we realized that Bella was calling Noah “No No.” It was SO cute. I could just die.

My Oma called this morning to say that they’re transferring my Grandfather to rehab today. Though it’s a good sign overall, we’re still worried about his vision and his mind. When we were at the hospital on Saturday he said something about buying my Oma a juicer, and my Dad said that had to have been at least 10 years ago. And Oma told me last night that Grandpop was being belligerent with her, and talking about really old arguments. I just hope they don’t send him home in a state in which my Oma and Dad are unable to care for him. I guess all we can do is wait.

I feel like there was a million things I wanted to blog about, but now I’m drawing a blank. I best get to the billion of emails I need to return and comments I need to leave.

3 comments:

OMH said...

I love watching toddlers inter play - it's like overnight and suddenly they're actually playing together using imagination and everything. I'm always in awe when that happens.

Love the picture of the two dresser bandits!

hazel said...

oh, so glad it went well! so do you have any more insight as to what it would be like to do that all the time, or if you'd want to or not want to?

oh no, I hope your grandfather isn't like...shit...what's the word I want...I keep thinking "sedentary" but he's already that. senile - no. but that kind of thing. shit. dementia? I don't know. where they don't know what time period it is and stuff. I hope that didn't happen. so many switches in the brain that can get turned off, like an old fuse box that was wired bad to begin with.

lonna said...

I love "No-No". That is so freaking cute!

I hope that things get better for your grandfather. When my grandmother was in the hospital she kept talking about all sorts of old memories. Most frightening to me was that she kept talking about having to take care of my grandfather who had died less than two years earlier. For her it turned out that she was anemic and having trouble getting enough oxygen into her system. Maybe there's something that they can find and fix that would help your grandfather.