Monday, May 02, 2005

Blogtiquette

I have a question about comments. Maybe YOU can help me. When someone leaves a question on the comments page or I want to reply to something someone said in comments - should I be replying to comments on my blog? I haven't been doing this - mostly because after I write a comment on someone else's blog I never return to the comments page again and therefore I assume that my reply would never be seen. In the event I know the email address of the commenter I normally reply to them via email but I fear this might not be proper blogtiquette. So the question is do YOU return to comments to see if the blogger has commented on your comment?

7 comments:

hazel said...

yeah, that's the thing. I don't know everyone's email address and blogger doesn't give it to you - so what else do you do, you know? you don't want to ignore people. so yeah, I go back if I don't know the person personally and I have said something that warrants a response. not often that that happens.

Trikc said...

I never got a comment on my blog. : *(

but I have commented on blogs. And never heard back from them. And assumed they read them and though 'why's this ol hag writting me.'

Trikc said...

Damn thing.. They cut off my cute sad face.

: *(

Missuz J said...

Maybe I have way too much time on my hands, but when I leave a comment, I usually check back to see if the author had anything to say about it.

p.s. I think you've coined a fab new word. I plan to borrow "blogtiquette" and use it often.

MC said...

I don't usually respond to commenters in my comments...unless their comment spawns a whole entry, in which case I blog it. However, my cousin often writes back to commenters. But if some of you guys do check back, I will start replying! I am always looking for ways to expand my mindless internet time!

NME said...

That cinches it then. I think I will try to respond back to comments more often.

Marksthespot said...

I agree with every last syntactic bauble of Thought and Humor's positional diatribe. Obviously the Unperturbable Zenithic Chef has endowed T&H with a most arboreal, chimeric vocabulary in order to concatenate a more frenetic culture of existitude.

May you find your Garanimal of commprehension,

MEE