Thursday, February 09, 2006

A wonderful world of fermentation

Last night was lovely. Tria was a great place – and in my mind stood up to the hype. They specialize in wine, beer and cheese – breaking each into its own menu page and then into taste families - and I had all three. In fact I had two glasses of “sociable” red wine, a “stoic” parmigiano reggiano with 25 year old balsamic, bruschetta with brie and marinated cranberries, the Autumn salad of butternut squash, pear, mascarpone, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and balsamic vinaigrette and an “invigorating” glass of Allagash white. YUM. I wish I had it all again right now. Jen and I had a bunch to catch up on and it was the perfect amount of time for me to be out. I left the house at 5:45 pm just as Mark got home and he and the boy were about to sit down for dinner and got home at 8:15 to put Noah to bed. There were a few tears as I walked out the door (Mark), but they were soon quite busy with the typical night time routine. As I said to Mark when I got home “Tonight was perfect. If I could do that a little more often I might even feel normal.”

And because the boy knows I was talking about his sleep problems, or more accurately MY sleep problems, he slept through the night last night without waking. I popped up in bed a few times when he made noise, but he never fully awoke. Good baby. Mark and I are still sleeping in our guest bedroom, but it was a little more comfortable last night because in the afternoon I moved the bed. It had been situated with one side against the wall, and now you can get in and out of the bed from both sides. I’m not sure how much longer we are going to sleep in there – but I’m not ready to move too soon.

Today Noah and I are heading out of town to see Papa Joe. As always I pray to the gods that the driving goes smoothly. The boy started getting a bit snotty last night, seems he and Mark both started developing a cold yesterday. I hope they both recuperate quickly and painlessly.

4 comments:

lonna said...

I couldn't be happier for you: a wonderful night out, a toddler sleeping through the night. What a relief. I certainly hope that Noah continues to be so nice to his parents.

hazel said...

god, isn't it crazy how things change from one day to the next???

so happy for you and having a sleeping baby. (I'm jealous.) and the dinner sounds wonderful.

I'd love to get downtown more often, too, so if you do go out more often and feel like having a tag along friend, lemme know.

Katy said...

A night out, a sleeping baby, and a restaurant that specializes in cheese?? Does it get any better???

Stine said...

That dinner sounded divine. Yay!