Thursday, February 02, 2006

My mom told me liver was steak

This morning Noah tried chocolate juice – that’s half chocolate milk/half milk since Noah recognizes the word “milk” and won’t touch it. I don’t know if it was the chocolate, the new straw cup or the new name, but he drank more of it than he ever has before. Of course that was like a whopping six sips. Baby steps I guess.

Our cat Parker likes to lick off the faucet after every bath or shower. Last night while Noah was bathing Parker jumped up on the side of the tub and got down to business. Noah was thrilled. He immediately began sticking his tongue out, and he and Mark spent a good twenty minutes making licking noises. And next thing you know it the boy was standing up trying to lick the faucet. GREAT. And when we wouldn’t allow him to do it he decided he’d fool us – he began touching the faucet and then putting his hand in his mouth. So as not to miss any of that yummy faucety goodness.

He’s miserable this morning. Too little sleep. I suspect we’ll get a nap soon – though what that will do to the rest of the day’s schedule remains to be seen. It should be a good day – the weather is nice enough for some park time and then we are meeting Mark at his office for a dinner of Indian buffet. YUM!

I love to read. Once I start something I like I can’t put it down. And in the past I’ve considered calling out sick to finish a book – but I don’t think I’ve actually followed through. Maybe once or twice. Anyway, I’ve really been missing it since Noah was born. The only thing I’ve read was the new Harry Potter which I devoured in a weekend. So it’s no surprise that I’m in a rush to finish the book I started on Monday night. I read while Mark mumbled angrily at the State of the Union address, and also last night when he ran out to take our neighbor to pick up her anti-seizure meds. It’s nice to be excited to turn the page again.

5 comments:

lonna said...

Our calico likes to lick faucets too. Fortunately, she sticks to the bathroom faucets which Dermot can't reach.

I hope that the milk thing works out for you. I bet that six sips turn to more quickly.

Oh, how I miss Indian buffet. We only get it when we visit my parents. Yum.

I missed reading too until I really put forth an effort to read just a little bit every day. It has helped me a lot. We mostly read non-fiction at our house. Okay, we only read non-fiction at our house. Now I'm reading Teacher Man by Frank McCourt of Angela's Ashes fame. I love to hear the Irish accent in his writing.

Froggylady said...

I first read chocolate juice and was scared. It didn't sound appetizing at all. Glad it was actually milk.

I love to read and to have a page turner like that. I have two books I really want to finish, but just can't seem to get back into them. I hate taking long break before picking them back up.

hazel said...

haaaa!! licking the faucet! I love it.

I miss reading too. sean keeps saying I can take time to do it, but I just don't seem to be able to relax enough to do it. I think it's knowing that I too will want to call out sick from work or stay up all night reading and I can already envision the consequences. I have to remember it's not all or nothing. sigh.

we mumbled at the SOTU address too. in fact, I can't believe we haven't emailed about it. america - ADDICTED TO OIL!

Stine said...

What is it with cats licking faucets? One of my good friend has a cat who is famous for this.

Sneaky boy getting his faucet fix on the sly.

dasereht said...

Reading was my first true love, and though our relationship has had its bumps, the passion hasn't cooled one bit. My struggle is letting myself forget about working on the house, doing laundry, etc. to just sit and read for a few hours. I think because I enjoy it so much, I feel guilty reading when I could be doing x, y, or z.

I'm currently reading Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi. I highly recommend it.