Friday, February 10, 2006

No gathering moss

According to the weather reports, we have a blizzard heading our way. Of course we’ll probably get all of 3 inches of snow, but people dream of snow emergencies so the forecast always seems exaggerated. My favorite blizzard moments were being able to wade through mounds of snow in the middle of the impassable city streets to get to the local bar. I don’t foresee that happening anytime soon, unless of course we bring the boy. And what snowed in bar wouldn’t be made better by a random toddler or two?

I chugged to the grocery store early in the morning to buy the requisite milk and bread and beat the pre-blizzard rush. And then we headed to Old Navy and bought the boy a few pairs of pants, as I’ve been unsatisfied with most of his currently fitting pant selection. To put it plainly, most of them are simply not hip enough. And since Noah’s the only one in our house with a wardrobe budget, he needs to look good enough to represent us all. On my way home I considered stopping in to see if my glasses were in yet, but thought better of it. And of course when I got home I received a call to let me know my glasses were in. Figures.

Yesterday went fairly well. The boy slept in the car on the way out of town, and woke up when we stopped to pick up Papa Joe from work. We went to Lifequest Rehabilitation Center to visit with Opa for an hour, made a fruitless stop at a baby consignment store, and then went to The Pub for dinner. The boy ate heartily – particularly enjoying scallops and pickles. And then we went back to the house to visit Oma for a few hours. And then back on the road to get ourselves home.

I had originally planned to go nowhere this weekend, which seems particularly smart since now my men have colds and we’re expecting snow. However Mark’s Dad broke his leg last weekend and called to let us know that he’d enjoy having some visitors since he’s stuck in his second floor apartment. So we might be on the books for another family visit this weekend, that is if the roads aren’t a hazard. I love having family who wants to see us, but I also wish they lived on the next block.

3 comments:

OMH said...

Actually I would think the next block would be WAY TO CLOSE - but hey within the Mile might work!

Hope you either get so much snow that it's a cuddly lazy weekend or just enough to pretty things up but not inconvience anyone!

hazel said...

I think it may snow too much for you guys to go. depends on which weather outlet you subscribe to. some say we're getting snow, that's about all the info they'll give, and some say we're getting 1000000000000 feet.

new pants!!

Missuz J said...

Lately for us it seems like a nice slow weekend at home is a thing of the past. I hope your boys feel better soon, and that you get some down time together.