Tuesday, March 28, 2006

To the extreme

Noah is obsessed with M&M’s, or shall I say “num nums.” I believe he asked for them nine bajillion times today. I'm not exaggerating.

Potty readiness is in effect. We haven’t bought a potty or anything yet, but we talk about it all the time. “Mama has to go potty.” “See Daddy pee pee in the potty?” And said when Noah pees on the floor during naked time - “You peed. It’s okay. I’ll clean it up.” He seems to be getting the idea. Last night right before he got in the bath he ran over in front of the toilet and peed on the floor. It impressed the piss out of me. And then Mark cleaned it up.

Noah and I went to the Hancock Rec Center playground today rather than Liberty Lands. It’s closer – and it’s got the extra bonuses of foul mouthed teens playing basketball, broken glass and the ear shattering hum of motorized scooters. What more could a toddler ask for?

Tonight we operated without Daddy patrol. His job requested he go to NE Philly to participate in a taping of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. He could have gotten out of it but I encouraged him to go. We aren’t really fans (I don’t like the message it gives that everyone deserves over-the-top luxury homes) but it isn’t everyday you get to participate in the taping of a television show. He isn’t home yet, in fact he just called me from there and I could barely hear over the people screaming, but I’ll be sure to share any fun stories he allows me to pass on. Anyway, the day seems really long when you don’t have the cavalry coming in at 5:30 pm. We missed you, Mark! Our home was so much less Extreme without ya!

4 comments:

Jen O. said...

"Num num" is Jon's name for his security blanket. His Extreme Security Blanket. That he still has. He holds it up to his nose and breathes it in like he's breathing in his childhood. His Extreme Childhood.

lonna said...

I think that the funniest thing about Extreme Makeover is the kids' rooms. Yeah, an 8 year old little girl might want a fairy princess room, but can her parents afford to change it when she's sick of it? Most of these families are in pretty dire straits, and it may not be possible to keep up these houses.

I can't believe that Noah and Bella are already showing interest in the bathroom. Wow, Dermot is way behind.

hazel said...

extreme mark away edition!

noah's going to be a cinch to potty train, I'm thinking.

note to self: bring m&m's next time I see noah.

Anonymous said...

I'll look for Mark, too cool!