Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I am a transit GOD

Yesterday afternoon I took Noah to the Haircuttery in Port Richmond for a quick trim of his feathery wispy flyaway hair. Of course before finding the place I drove past it and all over creation. I was a little worried about how Noah might react to getting his hair cut. He’d had two quick trims before but they only took a second, and they were by someone who he sort of knew – but more cutting and a stranger were in the works this time. Not only was he INCREDIBLY well behaved and cooperative during the cut, he even sat in a chair in the waiting room for fifteen minutes reading a book until they were ready for us. I was so proud.

Patrice and Ms. Bella came to spend the night at our house so they wouldn’t have to fight rush hour traffic on their way to Temple Children’s Hospital for her tube consultation. It was nice to have a few hours with them in the evening and this morning before they had to hit the road. I’m certain that Bella’s vocabulary has surpassed mine. All of these WORDS coming out of that precious tiny mouth. It really is mind blowingly cute. And it’s no wonder she’s so verbal – Patrice is constantly singing little songs and making up funny little rhymes. She’s such a fun mom.

Today the boy and I went to Ikea. AGAIN. I know. But I don’t have anything new to report. A wise hound once said “We write about what's on our minds, on our hearts and in our lives, and we have faith that those who are visiting want to read it because it's us, it's ours, it's the story of our lives as we see it." So THANK YOU for reading through the tedious posts about grocery store trips and visits with the grandparents. It means a lot to me that I’m being heard by people that care to read, even when what I’m posting is fairly insignificant.

The Girard trolley line runs right outside of our house and you can hear it gliding by every time it passes. I can tune it out but Noah LOVES it and will point up in the air and draw my attention to the noise every time he hears it. He loves to stand on the wretched blue futon in our office, peer out the window and watch it pass. And when it’s gone he signs for “more.” YES. I am to provide more trolley. It’s become fairly obvious to Mark and I that Noah thinks we are omnipotent and orchestrate everything that occurs in his world. At the snap of our fingers we can produce trolleys, people, and dogs.

And a very Happy Birthday to the vivacious young Katy!

5 comments:

hazel said...

a wise friend of mine (named nicole) once said to me, in a toast at my wedding, something along the lines of being grateful to be able to share the things in life like the price of corn and the best brand of paper towels. same holds true for your blog. you could write about cutting your toenails and I'd still come here to read every single day. (who am I kidding - I check for new posts like 16 times a day.)

thank you for the compliment. feel free to steal our ozzy osbourne tribute to nude children, "nakey babies are born to be wi-ild, some say I'm another devil's chi-ild".

Katy said...

Hey thanks! And I'm with Patrice. I am convinced that like half of everyone's hit counters are me scurrying by to see what's goin on.

Missuz J said...

It's such a blessing and curse that our little ones think we can do any and everything. I love to read about you and Noah every day. Thats all.

lonna said...

That's so sweet that he signs that he wants more trolley. I agree with Missuz J, though, that it's both a curse and a blessing to be thought of as having so much power.

I agree with everyone else about reading your blog. For some reason I really enjoy reading the day to day life-type blogs. I love to see what you do with Noah each day since you have so much time with him. It gives me ideas about things that we can do with Dermot during the little time we have.

Anonymous said...

I think a blog like this is a Grandma's dream. In the middle of my boring corporate day, I can pop in here, see a new pic of my favorite guy, and hear about everything new he is doing. Who could ask for anything more?