Thursday, November 03, 2005

My boy wants to party all the time.

Running around like a mad woman the last couple of days. Been to Party City to order balloons and buy brightly colored paper products, Payless to size the little man for shoes (‘tween a 3 and a 4), Melrose Diner to order the cake, BJs to purchase mass quantities of veggies, cheese and soda, and Children’s Place to buy my cousin’s daughter a birthday present. Now all we have to do is pick up the cake, balloons, hoagie trays and keg on the big day. Oh, and hang streamers. I have no idea why I bought streamers. They never look nice unless you hire a streamer hanging professional. We’ve also been trying to concentrate on straightening room by room with the actual scrubbing set aside for tomorrow and party prep and pickup for Saturday. Mark is off tomorrow both for Noah’s one year check-up and to clean. I’m hoping to squeeze in a celebratory breakfast at Silk City Diner before we spend the day vacuuming, mopping and swiffering.

Thanks so much for all the comments on Noah’s first letter. They meant a lot to me. I’m planning on posting the letter I wrote to Noah about his birth and I also hope to post about Noah’s one year check-up. But party gets time priority – so we shall see.

I hope everyone has a good time. Though it’s really more of an adult house party as opposed to a baby birthday, in attendance will be an interesting mix of family and friends. It’s both exciting and scary to think about your friends having to interact with your Oma – especially if one or both of them are drinking. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

amandak said...

Luck! I'm sure good times will be had by all. I'm also doing the running around, trying to get ready for my trip. Zach is not enjoying it. Can't wait to hear how it went when I get back.

lonna said...

I hope that you guys have a great weekend. I'm sure that everything will be beautiful. Happy Birthday a day early precious Noah!

Jen said...

Sounds like fun. I have never heard of a baby's birthday party with a keg, but cool idea.

Missuz J said...

Happy party!

You're too busy to read comments--so that's it.

hazel said...

your house always looks amazing, and with friends like we have, and a family like you have (who are very friendly), interacting should be a breeze.

I just want to make sure I get a picture of oma holding noah's feet up so he can do a proper kegstand.