Friday, June 17, 2005

The depilatory you use must be better.

Thankfully Patrice came home last night. YAY! I can’t wait to hear about her trip. It certainly will be more exciting than my post since I haven’t even left the state. Though we do have an exciting trip to Jersey planned for Sunday. Who can beat that with a stick?

We were lucky enough to have a visit from Sean and Baby Bella yesterday. They decided to make a rest stop at our house on the way to pick up Patrice from the airport – that way they could avoid some of the rush hour traffic. I’m sure you already know this but I have to say that Baby Bella is like liquid sunshine – so happy, so sweet, so good-natured. Noah stared at her most of the time she was here. Especially when they were trying to play with the same toy. It seems that they’re already at the stage where what someone else has often looks more exciting than what you’ve got – until you get it and think “this ain’t so great” and then you see them with something else that is OBVIOUSLY better. The squishy bath book is always greener in someone else’s hands apparently. Unfortunately that never changes – and it is one of life’s most important lessons in my opinion. I want to use my energy to enjoy the toy I got instead of focusing on what else I could have instead. It’s a constant struggle in a consumerist society that programs us to always want MORE. I know – off the soapbox. Anyway, the kids were super adorable.

As you know I cancelled my table and I also cancelled the shindig I was planning for tomorrow. Soo many people couldn’t come. It’s hard to schedule things during the summer months – and a lot of people were going away for Father’s Day and whatnot. I’m hoping to still have Patrice, Sean, Bella and a few folks over in the afternoon – mostly because I am lonely dammit. Noah is tired of being my main source of social interaction – and he can’t even talk to me about what a sham it was that Irene Cara won “Hit Me Baby One More Time.” He’s super cute and all, but his knowledge of pop culture stinks.

So now to more important topics – shaving my legs. I don’t have the time or energy most mornings. Noah will only hang out in the Hop n’ Pop while I shower for so long before he loses patience. I’m considering Nair. Anyone still use this stuff?

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

I find that right after I use Nair my legs feel like they would the day AFTER shaving. Maybe it will work better on you. Although I'm not convinced it's a time saver.

hazel said...

I hate nair. my leg hair (and bikini area) laugh at nair. nair is not nearly as powerful as it needs to be, but you'd never know it by the stinging that goes on. and I can imagine standing there waiting for it to work as I tried to take care of bella - you have to let me know if it works for you. your hair seems considerably less coarse.

and you are so sweet about bella! I heard that she was snatching stuff out of noah's hands. sorry about that.

Missuz J said...

If it's been long enough that the leg hair is at least 1/4 inches--consiter waxing. Seriously. It hurts like a bastard for the second you're tearing off the wax, but then it goes away pretty quick. Your legs stay smooth for at least a week and 1/2.

Katy said...

If you must shave invest in the new venus vibrance razor it's pink and buzzes and cuts shaving time in half, trust me i have like 4 foot long legs. Plus as an added bonus you can pretend your darth vader and swing it around like a light saber. just not around people...

Missuz J said...

Am I the only one who is a bit disturbed by the idea of a vibrating razor?

MC said...

I also have issues with the vibrating razor, as it seems to be an invitation for bloodletting.

On the other hand, the new women's Quattro razor is really nice. I am also interested in trying that Veet stuff with the razor-shaped thing that you use to sort of squeegie the hair and depilatory cream off your legs. That might be my next experiment.

NME said...

I got my legs waxed once - right before my wedding. I didn't mind the pain as much as I had expected. What I did mind is that as a result of that waxing to this day I have problems with in-grown leg hairs that I never encountered before. Plus it was damn expensive and I don't have the wherewithall to wax myself.

That vibrating razor does sound wierd. And dangerous. I'm also unclear what the vibrating does for you? How does it cut shaving time?

I too wonder if that Veet works.