Friday, August 26, 2005

Such sweet sorrow

I bid you adieu. For a week at least. We leave tomorrow for a week’s vacation on the sunny isle of Ocean City, NJ. There will be sand. There will be surf. There will be pizza, custard, French fries and fudge. Noah will conquer the ocean or it will conquer him. We’ll return with photos and stories aplenty.

A week without email access is nearly unthinkable for me. Worse than a week without a phone. And I’m certain a week without blogging will be weird too – I’ll constantly be composing blog entries in my head, all of which I’ll promptly forget. I might have to *gasp* write things down with a PEN. But even weirder than not writing my own blog will be not reading the blogs of all the people I now hold near and dear. All week I’ll be wondering: How is Becca making Utah the coolest state in the union? How is Anna’s little lentil? Has Katy heard from Handome Rob? Is Mandy meeting other moms? Is Katie eating enough PB&J for little Ellis? How are Mary’s wedding plans going? What are Lonna, Ethan and Dermot eating? Are the park visitors treating Kodi right?

I’ll miss you gals and I promise to work hard to catch up next week. Have a good one.

8 comments:

lonna said...

Have a great time at the shore. I'm sure that Noah will have such a great time. So much sand to get into his mouth and hair, so many new foods, and so many people to watch. Good times.

amandak said...

Bon Voyage!!

We'll miss you, but we'll be looking forward to new posts about 'sand in crack' and fun on the beach.

I miss the beach. Never been to the east coast, but ocean is ocean, right?

Have fun & be safe.

Kathryn said...

You guys have a blast! And drink a little wine for me while you're at it. BTW I love your new pic, you're so cute!

Anna said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Wishing you delightful and perfect weather. I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. I love your new pic! You look great! I'll try to keep current in the interim. Be well!

Sherri said...

I know exactly how you feel about withdrawals from the internet. I am the same way. I think I may have a serious addiction here!

Have fun at the shore! :)

Kodi said...

We anxiously await your return, with all the wit and wisdom that comes with it. Enjoy the ocean for us desert land locked folk in Utah. Tip a glass for me too.

Katy said...

Have fun!! Though we are not there in body we are there in spirit. We'll miss you.

Unknown said...

have fun!