Monday, December 05, 2005

Sisterly outings

It was a lovely weekend. Saturday I picked up Jessica and in the afternoon, she, Mark, Noah and I took the El downtown to see the Lord & Taylor Christmas light show. All bundled up we walked to More Than Just Ice Cream and had more than just ice cream – a very yummy dinner, followed naturally by ice cream. Then we rebundled and walked over to City Hall so Mark and Jessica could see the lighted façade. We got home, put the little tyke to bed and played Yahtzee while watching Mary Poppins. We were all too tuckered out after our big night out to make it to the end of the movie, so away to bed we went.

Sunday Sean and Ms. Bella joined our party and we bussed it over to Baby Disco. I was looking forward to Noah actually dancing at the Disco this month, but it was crowded and a little too overwhelming for his spinning, marching and bopping. Even Bella was feeling a bit cautious of the crowd. I had anticipated the turnout to be less than in October, but it was easily doubled. That may or may not have something to do with the KYW3 news camera crew there. I tried to get Jessica to boogie down, but she too was feeling a bit too timid. However we all seemed to enjoy the music, the balloons, the bubbles, the food, and most of all each others company. When we got home Bella took a nap while the rest of us had dinner and chatted at the kitchen table. After Bella woke and ate, Sean was kind enough to take Ms. Jessica back with him and drop her off on his way home. Noah went to bed shortly after and then the Mr. and I settled in for a night of DVR’d TV before an early bedtime.

I think Jessica had a good time. She really seemed to enjoy playing with Noah who obviously enjoyed her company. She never tired of chasing him around as he giggled with glee. And at the end of Baby Disco she held him and calmed him down when he started getting overtired and cranky. It was really sweet to watch them together and I look forward to her spending some more time with us after Christmas.

3 comments:

hazel said...

awww, sweet. I love seeing kids take care of littler kids. something is just so tender about it.

thanks for having bella and sean over. send me all the pics!!!

lonna said...

That's sweet that your sister loves Noah so much. Noah must have had such a fun time having someone else to chase him around.

Missuz J said...

Baby disco looks and sounds like the absolute bomb. I wish we had something like it here in the sticks.

Your sis is adorable, and I'm glad y'all had some quality time together. Oh--had the weirdest dream about you and Patrice last night. You both showed up to my house (but it wasn't my house) for a party, and smiled very sweetly, but neither of you would talk.