Tuesday, December 13, 2005

R.I.P. Larry

One of the hardest things to endure in this life has to be losing the person with whom you share your life and having to learn how to go it alone. Yesterday my mother lost her husband. I’ve learned there are few things more heartbreaking to hear than the sound of your mother crying. The kind of deep down sobbing that makes your body shake. Noah and I will be at my mom’s for at least the next week, hoping to help in some way. Please excuse our absence. The following is Larry’s obituary.

Lawrence E. Wenger, Jr., 68, of West Rockhill Twp., passed away on Monday, December 12, 2005 at his residence.

He and his wife Carol L. Beyer Wenger celebrated their 18th wedding anniversary in March.

Born in Telford, he was a son of the late Viola (Willis) and Lawrence E. Wenger, Sr.

Mr. Wenger owned and operated Wenger Contracting for over 45 years. An avid hunter, he was a member of the Morwood Sportsman Club and the North Penn Gun Club. He enjoyed playing pool, collecting and restoring antique cars and in his early years racing motorcycles.

In addition to his wife, he is survived by three sons: Jeffrey Scott Wenger of Shinglehouse, Pa., Brian Keith Wenger and his wife JoAnn of Sellersville, Benjamin Wenger of Sumneytown; a stepdaughter, Nicole Eggerts and her husband Mark of Philadelphia; three grandchildren: Nathan Christopher and Ashley Nicole Wenger and Noah M. Eggerts; a sister, Loretta Church and her husband James of Telford; and a brother Barry Wenger of North Carolina.
Memorial services will be held on Friday, December 16, 2005 at 12:00 pm in the Sadler-Seuss Funeral Home, 33 N. Main St., Telford. Family will receive friends from 11:00 – 12:00 prior to the service. Internment will be private at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.

12 comments:

hazel said...

I'm so sorry that your mom is going through this. and that you are going through this. it must be difficult for everyone. I can only imagine it's hard to see things change so drastically and with such finality with such a sad reason.

Stine said...

My condolences. Sending your family lots of good juju.

MC said...

So sorry to hear about Larry...I will keep you all in my thoughts.

lonna said...

I'm so sorry that your family is suffering right now. Your mother is lucky that she has you right now.

OMH said...

Lifting you and your family up in my prayers. Don't forget that you owe it to yourself to take care of YOU also - not just your mom.

amandak said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that. It puts some serious perspective on things. You'll be in my prayers (such as they are), and I'm going to work on getting some serious gratitude into my day today.

Froggylady said...

My condolences to your family. I pray that you all have comfort during this difficult time.

Anna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your stepdad's passing. My prayers go out to you and your entire family during this sad time. Just be there for each other.

Jen said...

So sorry to hear this. I hope you and your family are okay.

dasereht said...

We're thinking about you and your family. I find being surrounded by loved ones is the greatest source of comfort when dealing with loss.

Kathryn said...

I am so,so sorry. Please let me know if I can do anything at all to help.

Missuz J said...

Been thinking for a couple of days what kind of comment would be appropriate. I really hope you and Noah are ok--and wish there were something I could do.