Monday, April 25, 2005

We can see the forest and the trees

Noah’s honorary Aunt Tracey spent the day with us on Friday. Noah laughed at her hysterically for a good twenty minutes straight as she made faces, used a funny voice and flailed her arms around. Mark and I just looked at each other in amazement because Noah had never laughed so much. NEVER. I can’t overemphasize just how funny he thought she was. I’m interested to see if she can get this same reaction from him on her next visit. If she can then she seriously needs to consider going on the road as an infant comedian.

On Saturday our trio traveled to Qtown and spent some time at the rehab center visiting Larry. We dined at the gastronomic success known simply as Hobo’s and spent the night at Mom’s place. On Sunday the beauteous Baby Bella and the piquant Patrice came to frolic with us at my mother’s place. I am stunned at how well Bella is sitting up. She is like a sitting up genius. Others should just give up their attempts at sitting because Bella has so improved on it that all will pale in comparison. In fact I’m lying on the floor as I type. Patrice whisked Mark away to the train station to return to our urban dwelling while Noah and I maintain our residence deep in the heart of the woodlands. We had our Sunday dinner with Mom at Friday’s. Noah has never eaten out this much in his life – I hope he doesn’t develop a taste for it. Of course when I say eaten out, I don’t mean that Noah ate anything but rather enjoyed watching me eat – and more truthfully enjoyed staring at strangers while playing with his shoelace.

Last night was my best night of sleep with Noah EVER. He only woke me up for one feeding during the night. Hallelujah! I hope that is a sign of things to come. Oh how I would love for him to finally drop that second feeding.

I’m happy to say that Larry was moved to the rehabilitation center on Friday of last week and is returning home this afternoon. Though he could probably benefit from a little more physical therapy, he and my mom decided that the negatives induced by being stuck in the rehab center (chiefly depression) outweigh the positives – so home he comes.

Noah and I will probably return to Mark and the cats tomorrow. So Mark is home alone again tonight and like last Monday when he was home alone I have encouraged him to go out. The man needs to go out and have a beer or something – take full advantage of being wife and childless for the night. Of course Murphy’s Law dictates that the night he is free to live it up is also the night when our friends already have plans. If you would enjoy Mark’s company for an hour or two this evening please drop him a line. His wife is trying desperately to make a play date for him.

2 comments:

hazel said...

sorry, sean's grounded.

and? I have to apologize for my hair on sunday. I saw it when I got home. it looked good when it was wet, before I left the house. on weekends, I like to give my hair the day off and not put any product in it. so it tends to get this limp feathering look to it. I realized it could be a problem when your mom was staring at it and decided to tell me it was because she was looking at my tattoo. so -- sorry.

glad to hear larry is coming home...I hope he does better at home than at the rehab center. and how refreshing is it to say that your stepfather is getting out of rehab and have it not have to do with illicit substances??

hazel said...

that is to say, ONE'S stepfather and not YOUR stepfather, because your stepfather has never been in rehab for illicit substances...but typically when one says something about getting out of rehab, it's about illicit stubstances...but like I said, larry doesn't do drugs and so I didn't mean he had been in rehab before...for anything, not just illicit substances...