Saturday, June 02, 2007

A red thumb


Though we did indeed bag the Music Festival, we still had a grand time at the Strawberry Festival. I wouldn't recommend that legions of pregnant women pick strawberries in 90 degree heat, but it was fun nonetheless. I'm new to the whole pick your own fruit thing - but since Noah enjoyed picking apples in the Fall I think it's an adventure we'll keep up. Plus I think it's a fun way to get him to think about how food grows and where our food comes from. And he was just so proud to pick them himself. We picked over two pounds of strawberries and ate almost all of them when we got home. Yum.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a great photo! And yummy too.

lonna said...

I showed this picture to Dermot and he thought that Noah was 4 and that he was picking potatoes. Once I explained that they were strawberries he was much happier since he does not like potatoes very much.

Noah's such a cutie.

Stine said...

Cute boy photo, again.

90 degrees and crazy pregnant? I send you virtual lemonade and water spritzers.

hazel said...

he looks so big...

picking strawberries is alot of fun. I miss that. though I have a huge amount of them in my front yard. unfortunately, I'm allergic to them now. sigh.

can't wait to see you again.